Thursday, April 22, 2010

Custom Watercolor Portrait of Mother and Child. Just finished!


I have just finished this portrait!  It is painted with watercolor on Aquaboard, 9" x 12".  The last couple of things I had to work on were the mother's profile and the blanket on her lap.


I had re-worked her profile several times, not fully satisfied with the results.  Finally, I turned both pictures sideways, and that new perspective allowed me to figure out exactly what adjustments needed to be made!  That technique worked so well, I used it again later that day when I was finishing up another drawing (I'll post that one later!)



This is the painting right before I darkened the blanket.  My eye was not staying in the middle, where I wanted the focus to be - on mother and child.  It kind of fell right off her lap!  I like it much better now that I added layers of sap green, umber and a little purple (in the top photo)

You can see more of my Custom Portrait Samples in my Fine Art on Etsy shop!

3 comments:

luigi bluoso said...

Dolcissimo, trasmette la grande tenerezza e felicità della mamma che si stringe al cuore il suo bambino. Una gioia! Ciao.

Julie Riisnaes said...

Its such a good picture and I enjoyed seeing something of how you got there!

Krystyna81 said...

Thank you! I'm glad I have the process pictures, too. I try my best to keep my clients updated as I create their custom portrait.