Monday, March 28, 2011

The Paintings of Charly Palmer, Atlanta Artist

Last night my husband and I, and I'm betting along with everyone else in our neighborhood, were woken up at 4:30 am by the loudest clap pf thunder I have ever heard.  The entire house shook for a full ten seconds.  The rain never let up, so when I got ready to take the kids to school I turned on the TV hoping to catch an update on the road conditions.  Well I never made it to the news because I landed on a channel that was profiling local Atlanta artist Charly Palmer.



I only got to enjoy about 5 minutes of the program, but I was immediately drawn to his brushwork, his palette, and his obvious joy in his paintings.  He has a wonderful way of telling a story about his subject matter, layering time and space and multiple vantage points on one canvas.

I look forward to learning more about this fantastic artist.


1 comment:

Diana said...

Thanks for sharing this...I'm loving his work!