Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Change is good, layers build character.

BIG changes happening with the tall figure painting I started a few weeks ago.  While I loved the pose and really thought it worked well for the panel size, it just didn't capture the qualities I was looking for to emulate the inspiration phrase provided by my client... "Amazing Grace".  The pose seemed a little too dance-like, and I was searching for something more elegant and introspective.

So I sketched out some new pose ideas asked our lovely model if she would allow me to photograph a few of them, and I have painted over the previous painting.



The lighting is beautiful, and the colors on the drapery are fantastic.  These are photos from my phone...better ones will follow.

Change can be good, and it can be hard to fathom changing a six foot tall painting with 8 hours of time already invested in it, but I think this will all be worth it.  There are beautiful layers of color peeking thru in lots of places, and  I am hoping the surface will be filled with beautiful moments.


2 comments:

Cherie said...

I love it! She is gonna be perfect.

Sergio DS said...

Great pictures!