Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I *heart* dooce

Ok, if you are familiar with the blogging world or twitterverse at all, you have seen the name dooce once or twice. You may have even read her blog. I am not a daily reader, but I do stop in for a dose of dooce from time to time. Last night I woke up at 3 am and by 4 am gave up trying to get back to sleep and grabbed my laptop (hey, you never know what's going on in Etsy's forums at 4 am!) And in my journeys I came across this post on dooce's blog, which is basically the best thing I have read in a while. Not Cormac MrCarthy's "The Road" or anything like that...but it's got a little bit of everything that makes a story great - laughter, love, a few curse words, a heroine, a villain, and best of all, a happy ending. Oh yeah, and my favorite line ever about sex with a major appliance (it's a short list of lines, but the top spot is highly coveted)

http://www.dooce.com/2009/08/28/containing-capital-letter-or-two

3 comments:

libu said...

thanks so much for that!!!!! I think I love it too...

Unknown said...

Yeah that was awesome. Thanks for sharing!

cupcakefail said...

I'm laughing because I knew what this link this led to, and the fact I watched it real time on twitter...and I know the pain she speaks of, I ordered an LG dishwasher and had the same problems, same service, except I was suffering from morning sickness, would vomit because of dirty dishes and sink stench morning, noon and night for the 5 wks I waited for repairs, parts and a tiny bit of good customer service.
I digress.
And I love twitter.
:)