Sunday, September 26, 2010

I've ignored my family. And liked it.

Did you ever have one of those pieces that just DEMANDED your attention...a painting or drawing that haunted you at night, causing restlessness and the inability to fall asleep, a piece that just says "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"  Well I have one of those pieces right now, and my family had to pay the price.  I ignored them all day just so I could do what needed to be done! (of course...if you ask them...they may have enjoyed my absence...but let's not go there!)

So here is what I'm working on! A new 30" x 30" drawing from the evening that we had the couple model for our group.  (his head looks really blurry right now!)

  Because of the complexity of the pose, I used a grid to transfer the photo to the board.

Then I used some vine charcoal to establish an over-all sense of light and shadow.  Trying very hard to think of the WHOLE drawing...not just the little moments that I wanted to dive into.
 After using the vine charcoal, I switched to a hard charcoal pencil to start really defining the shapes. 


I still have a long way to go, but I am so excited about this piece I couldn't wait to show you! It's probably the most beautiful pose I have ever seen...I kind of have to shake my head in des-belief that I actually get to work with these incredible models. 

Oh...and the family's ok.  I think I'll ignore them more often.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

STUNNING < SIMPLY STUNNING !!

Tati said...

Great Kristina! I love the lights, but I think you should work more on shadows. :)

Hugs,
Tati

Krystyna81 said...

it's still VERY early Tati...I am less than halfway done :) Shadows are on the to-do list!

Anonymous said...

This is a very erotic pose. I love it! You are very talented and I look forward to each of your posts. I can't wait to see the finished piece.

Alt Deutsch SilbeRholZ said...

Wild Beauty