Thursday, September 16, 2010

New figure drawings - the standing pose

Forgive the quickness of this post!  You know I'm only an artist when I don't have mom duty...and pretty soon I have to fetch the little one from school :)

So real quick!  Charcoal drawing on white paper, I think it's 12" 16", 30 minute pose.  Lovely lighting and beautiful model.

And the longer pose of the evening - about an hour and a half of drawing.  The challenge was to take a simple pose, the frontal, standing pose, and make it interesting.  There was a cool spotlight overhead and a warm spotlighting to her left, so I pushed those two temperatures and had fun with color.  Nupastel on Wallis paper.


And a detail of the face and torso...I blocked in the large shapes on the face and then tried to leave it alone...I was about 20 feet away from the model, so details would have been difficult at best.



I loved the pink fan that our model brought as a prop.  It created a lovely glow on her torso!

3 comments:

Tati said...

I love her (the second drawing) body shape... And the colors too. :)

Thanks for telling that this pink thing is a fan... I couldn't notice it before. XD

Hugs,
Tati

Fay Akers said...

your use of color always intrigues me.

Krystyna81 said...

Thank you Ladies. Color seems to be something you have to play with on a regular basis, so that you retain the effects in your mind from one piece to the next, and build on that.