Thursday, October 28, 2010

Figure Drawing in Graphite

Last night was a little rough for me at figure drawing...I don't know if it's allergies or a cold, but man, I was WIPED OUT.  I was going to work in pastel, but since I was spending most of the night sneezing, I opted for a less dusty media, graphite pencil.

These are on 11" x 14" white sketch paper, using just a standard #2 pencil.



I haven't worked with graphite in a while, but I think it worked well here, and I don't do a lot of blending - I like the crisp lines to build up in layers.

5 comments:

Shayla said...

Nice work!

nothingprofound said...

Wonderful sketches. You're very talented.

Aaron Walton said...

These are beautiful, love them.

Dean H. said...

I , too, like the graphite unblended. Great directional strokes!!

Fay Akers said...

I think is good to go back to graphite once and a while. It worked well for you