Sunday, July 28, 2013

Gluten Free, Dairy Free Vanilla Banana Muffins

Yes...this is an Art blog.  But I also have a family.  And I also bake.  And I love recipes.  And I love good food.  And I love to share all of this with you :)

I have a few staple recipes that work really well for my son, Jack, who has self-control and behavior issues when he eats certain foods - the main culprits being artificial colors, preservatives, HFCS, apples juice, and dairy.  Through process of elimination, and the great feedback and guidance from the Feingold diet, I have also found that a gluten free diet really help Jack maintain a calmer attitude and more agreeable behavior.

So I LOVE recipes like this! Yummy, quick, and perfect for every meal and lunch box!

I found the original muffin recipe when searching for muffin recipes using coconut flour - one of my new favorite ingredients!

Vanilla Banana Muffins - Gluten Free and Dairy Free

Preheat oven to 400

One Mashed Banana (any size works - I like medium to large, ripe)
3 TBLS Coconut Oil (liquid form works best)
3 Eggs
1/3 Cup sugar (you could cut this back a little if you use a bigger banana)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 TBLS ground flax seed (optional)

I like to start by mashing the banana.  Then add in the coconut oil.  Mix in the three eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla.  This will look very liquid-y, but don't fret - the coconut oil absorbs a lot of liquid.  I like to sprinkle the coconut oil across the top of the mix, then dust the baking powder over the flour, then mix it all together (helps with an more even distribution of baking powder)

Makes 6-7 large muffin or 12-14 mini muffins

Bake at 400 for 13-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

 I recommend the mini muffins - perfect size for lunchboxes and you feel less guilty when you grab one as a snack :)

My other favorite muffin recipe...gluten free dairy free Pumpkin Muffins


Only a few days left to vote! I could be a 2013 DaVinci Wine storyteller!! Thank you :)






No comments: