2009 has been a very good year for me! My top 5 "art" moments of the year...
5. Reaching almost 200 sales in my Fine Art on Etsy shop. It took me exactly 12 months to reach my first 100 sales, and in the following 6 months I doubled it. I have also had my first 4-digit $$$ sale on Etsy, original Artwork sold to several different countries including Australia and Singapore, and prints went to dozens of states and numerous countries as well.
4. Having three of my drawings selected to be used in the Mercer Frame Collection at Restoration Hardware Stores across the country. I think they have an incredible style, and was honored that my work complimented their collection.
3. Meeting a very talented Poet, miss Laura Mecurio Ebohon, who asked to use my painting . "Guarded" on the cover of her new book of Poetry. It is such a thrill, and very humbling, when someone connects with my work on a personal level. But then to want to have her work - her poems - associated with my Art is even a greater compliment.
2. Creating, thruout the year, several drawings and paintings that I am extremely proud of. Pieces that have pushed me further, that have captured something special. The Angel Paintings are a high point for me - I knew they were special as I painted them. They were pieces that consumed me for several days, all I wanted to do was paint! I love those paintings that obsess you for days on end.
1. Traveling to Italy and experiencing amazing, incredible, mind-blowing Art and Architecture. The opportunity to sit and sketch in front of Michelangelo's David, the chance to see the Sistine Chapel in person, standing in awe at St. Peter's...what a mind-boggling trip. (and a big thank you to my hubby of 10 years for making it happen!) I'm looking forward to returning to Italy, perhaps with fellow artists, perhaps with my children, so I can embrace the history and beauty even more.
I have to think of my top-5 non-art moments, too!