My next birthday is looming, and I'm having trouble dealing with it. There are so many things that I feel like I SHOULD have accomplished by this age. So...here are a list of things I want to accomplish before the next milestone. I'm putting it out there because I a) am hoping by making a public announcement I will hold myself to it b) if any of you can make it happen...HELP! Seriously.
1. Solo show in a beautiful Gallery or Museum. I create nude figurative art, so that must be a consideration.
2. Finish a substantial body of work in one theme and style. Exhaust the possibilities and bring my ideas to fruition. (I feel like this is on its way...the most recent series of charcoal figures on modeling paste has really got my juices flowing, and I can already picture a dozen more, with subtle changes as they develop)
3. Have an article published in a major Artist magazine. So many artists have asked me "where have you been published?" and I have to say "nowhere, yet". I have submitted articles and Artwork to several magazines, with no luck yet. I'll keep trying!
4. Be featured on a blog with a million followers. OK a million is not necessary, and I have been so lucky to be featured on some beautiful blogs by incredibly supportive people and fellow artists. But a feature on a major blog could mean a HUGE boost for my business!
5. Open my own Art Studio - a space to create, display my work, hold figure drawing classes, and showcase my fellow Artists.
So there are a few more, but these will do nicely as birthday presents :)