Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pastel Portrait of a Little Girl in the Garden - a WIP

I'm really excited about the progress I am making on my daughter's portrait in Nupastel.  I'm getting into the details, such as the flowers on her dress and the wisps of hair that frame her face.  One thing I do have to resolve is what she's holding in her had - in the photo she was holding a barbie, but all you could see was a bit of dress and one arm sticking out - kind of awkward looking, so I need to insert a new toy!


(I found a GORGEOUS custom frame at Hobby Lobby that is the exact size of the paper - 19" x 27" - marked down 75% off.  I took that as a sign that I needed to finish this portrait!)

6 comments:

Karla said...

This is really beautiful! Maybe if she is in the garden she could be holding a flower?

Fay Akers said...

or maybe a simple daisy? What ever you pick will be wonderful I'm sure.

Krystyna81 said...

OOH I like the idea of her holding a flower! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Diana said...

So sweet. I saw your work at Restoration Hardware today...no signature allowed?

Krystyna81 said...

Hi Diana,
How cool! I'm glad you found me after seeing my drawings :) Believe me, I wanted to show my signature!

jcsvisuals said...

Lovely work...