Friday, August 8, 2008

Artistry...a hereditary talent










This group of drawings represents three different generations of artists in my family. The more traditional figure drawing on the left was done by my great grandfather in Warsaw, Poland over 50 years ago. The more abstract female nude was drawn by his daughter - my great aunt Barbara - also in Poland. And the more colorful figure drawing I did about 4 years ago. I love the way they resonate with each other and our styles - though vastly different - all have similar elements. I especially like the way my shoulder and the shoulder on Barbara' drawing have almost the exact same line leading down to the hand.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found you through your post on Etsy. What a wonderful comparison! Very cool that you have all of those pieces to compare!