Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Few Recent Pieces




I've been lucky enought o have found a great group of talented and supportive artists here north of Atlanta (that would be OTP...not ITP for my fellow Georgians). We draw a couple times a week from the live model - when the weather is not too oppressive! So right now we are taking a break while the August nights are sweltering, but here are a couple of drawings I did before the summer got too hot.

These are both drawings of a model named Mike, who is THE BEST model I have worked with in the 15 years I have been drawing from live models. He is truly dedicated to his craft - he knows that's it's more than just holding still - he researches poses, brings supports, props and blankets, and genuinly understands that he is a vital part of the artistic process. Thanks Mike!

And how do I repay you? By turning you into a human pretzel! The picture on the left of Mike turning away was only a 30 minute pose - I can't believe he held it that long! The standing pose was two hours - the light and shadow were beautiful.

The pretzel pose was my idea...the standing pose was decided on before I got to the drawing session....Mike now has terror in his eyes if I arrive on time!!!

2 comments:

Handmade Product and Creative Expression said...

these are so beautiful and graceful....

www.lamiadesigns.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The pretzel pose must have been tough to hold, but the end result is beautiful!

By the way, thank you for your comment - I've added your blog to my blogroll:)