Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting ready for my next show


I have to get some framing done! I've had two drawings selected for a juried show held by the Atlanta Fine Art League.
If you've never heard of the Atlanta Fine Art League, check them out! I've also done a portrait for their Art From the Heart Project. An amazing group of portrait artists have done free portraits of fallen soldiers for their families. The display has traveled all over Georgia, including Stone Mountain and the Governor's Mansion.
If you are a portrait artist in Georgia and you would like to do a portrait, visit the website to review the volunteer process. If you are outside Georgia, there are many organizations doing this type of project - I'm sure you can find one that would greatly appreciate your time and talent!


3 comments:

Keira Gillett said...

Congratulations on getting selected! What an honor! The drawing of the baby is beautiful and so tender!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Congratulations!! Your art is wonderful--and the two pieces chosen are just so beautiful, I can see why they were chosen.

What a moving project--paintings of the soldiers, and what a blessing for the family.

Smiles, Karen

Brendan Carroll said...

It's no surprise they chose your work, you have very beautiful and articulate pieces! I love your style. Thanks for leaving your kind words on my page :)

Bren