Friday, August 21, 2009

New Studio Space - wonderful atmosphere for our figure drawing group!

What a wonderful evening of drawing from the live model last night. It was our first session in the new gallery space (new to us, anyway!) on main Street in Woodstock - the gallery of Ann Litrel. With the high ceilings and open floor, everyone can get a great view of the model A ten minute pose - what a lovely curve in the model's back. Charcoal drawing on white paper.


A one hour pose - Nupastel on Cream mat board (photo is the model from the opposite angle)




A 45 minute pose - I love the drama in this drawing! White and black charcoal drawing on grey mat board.
.

We started with a couple of short, 5 and 10 minute poses, then moved into hour long poses for the rest of the evening. Everyone did wonderful work! (you can see mis K's work on the easel in the photo above!)

If you are interested in joining our group, please see the model schedule. All skill levels and media are welcome - this is an open studio, no instruction!
You can see more of my figure drawings in my Fine Art on Etsy shop.

5 comments:

Gallery32 said...

Interesting to see the pose with the drawing. After looking at your work, I think I am going to take an open model class at our local arts center. It was always my favorite class in college.

Krystyna81 said...

You should join a local group! I could draw the figure every day.

Bethany said...

Gorgeous drawings!!! I wish I lived near and I would definitely be there.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pegi said...

What a wonderful spot to draw and paint!! I love the dramatic one, too. The black and white on the grey is very impresive! Yay, Krystyna!!