Thursday, August 6, 2009

Portraits and Figurative Art - written by ME! - published in a local magazine


Here in Woodstock GA we are very lucky to have a couple of very nice local magazines published on a monthly basis. Around Town (TowneLaker) Magazine shares a variety of articles - health and happiness, marriage advice, mom advice and stories, even decorating ideas.

Last month I noticed a feature called "Art Scene" and, anticipating our "Face and Figure:Portraits and Figurative Art" show coming up this month, I submitted an article about Portrait and Figurative art.

I wanted to encourage our local community, artists and art appreciators, to think about why artists so often chose the figure as a subject matter. Some of my reasons included sharing a common experience or expressing an emotion that otherwise could not be expressed.

I'm not a very seasoned writer, but I hope that the article is well received and our community comes together to support some great local artists AND two VERY special local galleries!

You can find more info about the two galleries hosting the "Face and Figure" shows on their websites

The opening reception for the show is August 7th from 5:PM - 9:PM at both galleries.
Many thanks to Kara Kiefer and the rest of the Townelaker staff for supporting the local art scene!

10 comments:

Ripper Arts said...

Very cool! WAY TO GO! :)

Without Shadow said...

Hello! I love your work! First saw the pastel posted from a link from Mildly Creative and decided I must visit your blog. So glad I did, and am adding it to my collection of blogs to visit over and over again :o)

You are gifted .. I am glad to have found you :o)

Tina said...

Congrats on the article! Looking forward to the event and seeing who comes out to draw tonight!

amazoncat said...

congratulations on getting published, it is always a lovely feeling!

artsyclay said...

Congratulations! Very exciting!

pegi said...

Congratulations!!! Thats really cool!! Also, I love the way YOU support other artists..you are constantly encouraging others (me included) and it makes all the difference. You really are special!! Thank you!!!! :>

Krystyna81 said...

Nazu...thank you for the compliments and WELCOME! I can't guarantee to always have posts of substance, but it is always a pleasure to meet a new friend!

And thanks for the info on Mildly Creative...I will have to check it out!

Krystyna81 said...

Talina, Tina,Amazon Cat, Pegi and Artsyclay...thank you so much for visiting and for the kind words! I appreciate your enthusiasm!

Pegi...it is my great pleasure to support fellow artists - I wish I could buy from every single one! But until then I'm happy to encourage everyone else to become an art lover :)

bluedogrose said...

Congrats! Your art is very beautiful as well.

Andrew said...

Great Article!