Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm drooling over this artist...

http://www.somepaintings.net/Alex.html

especially this

http://www.somepaintings.net/2009/DSCN0655.html

wow.

And a quote from an interview with the artist, Alex Kenevsky

What would you say to an artist just starting out?

Build up you self esteem to the level that might seem unwarranted. This will help you ignore both positive and negative responses to your paintings. Both are usually misguided, since they come from the outside. Be your most severe and devastating critic, while never doubting that you are the best thing since sliced bread.The moment something works well and is under control - is the time to give it up and try something else.

Put all your eggs in one basket.

Precarious situations produce intense results.

Forget subjective, it is mostly trivial. Go for the universal.

3 comments:

Olha Pryymak said...

ohh, I saw some of his things too - amazing!Thanks for sharing

Pegi said...

I have a question? I f I'm the best thing since sliced bread...what type of bread would that be??? TEE HEE, I couldn't resist. I know thats one of my BIGGEST problems, besides just forgetting myself enough to not get all shy and stupid.
His work is great but I actually drool over yours!!! Would that be pumpernickle?? :) I'm at work and wnjoying your blog, shame on me!! Have agreat weekend!!

Krystyna81 said...

Olha...I love discovering new artists! Glad you checked it out :)

Pegi...get back to work!! Just kidding :) For some reason I'm in the mood for toast now...