Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Figure Drawings...bring a little life to the party!

I'm a very happy girl today...yesterday I actually got to PAINT in my studio for a couple of hours in the morning AND I got to draw from the live model last night! Our model was new to us, and perhaps was relatively new to modeling as well, because she wore a bikini and a white tank top while posing for gestures. Which was fine - it's good to consider clothing as well.
For the long pose, she did remove the tank top, and the bikini had some interesting lines. I was working with pastels on a piece of purple colorfix paper.

For some reason I was working in almost a neon color palette - maybe the bright purple backdrop was having an influence on me! I wanted to "liven up" the pose and the model...but I was getting a little carried away so I stepped away from that piece and sat in a new spot for a little while.

This is a smaller drawing, about 9" x 12", on olive color-fix paper. While I still pulled out purples and blues, they were much more subtle.

Then I went back to my first drawing, and tweaked a few moments. I played around with her profile a little, but never got it where I was 100% happy. Perhaps I shall work on it a little more. But I am happy with the pose, the way I elongated her legs and arms a bit, the way she sits, leaning into the stool.

And lucky me! I am drawing again this evening, so hopefully I'm all warmed up and ready to create another successful drawing :)

5 comments:

Cherie said...

So beautiful Kristina!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Really super! Love it!

Krystyna81 said...

Thank you!

Jean Levert Hood said...

Your work is so moving, Kristina! I love it!

Krystyna81 said...

thank you Jean