Friday, October 18, 2013

The 2013 DaVinci Storytellers' Home Away from Home



By choosing to click and read this blog post, you confirm you are of legal drinking age in the country where this site is accessed




I remember going to camp as a youngster.  It was a Girl Scout camp.  If you were lucky, you stayed in a cabin.  Most years, it was a tent on a wooden platform.  It really didn't matter what structure you stayed in because daddy long legs (which, thanks to my 6 year old daughter, I now know are insects and NOT spiders) inhabited every corner of every possible space.  Well finally - FINALLY - I had the kind of Sleep Away Camp experience every adult should get to have!


The 2013 DaVinci Storytellers were treated to the most amazing accommodations while we learned about everything Chianti.  The Casale di Valle is home to the Cantine Leonardo da Vinci, a group of 160 growers dedicated to always respecting nature and always striving for perfection in their product.  It is my understanding that the glorious rooms here aren't opened up to visitors very often, making us feel extra special and truly appreciative of our surroundings.  (and I didn't see a single spider!)



The view is 360 degrees of Italian splendor, with rolling hills, mountains in the distance, all shapes and sizes of Cyprus trees, pomegranate trees, fig trees, manicured gardens, roses, and of course vineyards.  As an Artist I was enamored of every shade of green, from the lime to the emerald to the evergreen.  The sky was a constant inspiration - either filled with dynamic cloud formations, unbelievable sunrises (I didn't get a lot of sleep...the roosters close by always alerted me to the rising sun!)  and sunsets as well.  




These are just a few shots of the hundreds that I snapped during our week together.  Please check out my Casale di Valle album on my facebook page for even more!

Coming soon...I am currently working on a series of paintings inspired by my experience in Tuscany with DaVinci wine.  Keep an eye on my facebook page, as well as the DaVinci Wine page, to get a sneak peek, and stay tuned for the amazing recipes, photos, and stories from the other Storytellers as well!

No comments: