Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Watercolor...

I was recently commissioned by a fabulous collector to re-visit a series that I created last year.  A number of female nudes in a Citrus color palette that were designed specifically for the beautiful renovation of Brennan's Restaurant in Houston, TX.

My client had several favorite features from the first series...the softness of the facial features, the amounts of oranges and yellows present in the palette, the flow of the figures and the drapery.

She had asked for only one piece, but because I was working with watercolor, and a specific pose was not set in stone, I decided to work on three pieces at once - allowing her to chose which one fit her vision best.  I was so pleased that not one, but two of the pieces captured her heart and found their way into her home.

The third piece is also lovely and I have just made this Original Watercolor available in my Etsy shop.

I hope that if you ever have a vision that I can help create, you contact me as well!

4 comments:

Fay Akers said...

Such a warm palette...nice

Pragya Tiwari said...

Beautiful ! You are so talented :)

Martha Kisling said...

All three are absolutely beautiful!

Lrc said...

Lovely indeed, the palette is soothing and the light compliments it well!