Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grand Prize at the Cumming FUMC Art Festival - my pastel portrait Reflections of Zen

Well I am stunned! Thrilled and humbled to share the news that "Reflections of Zen", my pastel portrait, won the Grand Prize at the Cumming First United Methodist Church Art Festival.


Keeping with my track record, I was not there to accept the award (bummer!)  It seems I only win something when I'm absent :)  I got to view a portion of the work in the show, and I could tell I was in excellent company and this award is a true honor.

Fellow artists - I hope you check out the Festival's Group Page on Facebook and watch out for next year's event - it continues to grow, offering a wonderful opportunity to exhibit and share, and the award money and purchase awards are significant...well worth your entry!

This award is also timely as my fellow artists and I plan to gather this weekend for "Figure Drawing in the Garden",  in the same setting where I took the photo for the portrait.    This is a photo from the last time we worked in my friend's Zen garden with this model.


It's such a wonderful space, a great time to gather together and create and enjoy nature!  The light is always stunning, and it's so different from working in a studio.  I hope that wherever you are, you are creating, and sharing with your fellow artists, too.

1 comment:

Tati said...

Congratulations, Kristina! You deserve this prize! \o/