Monday, July 19, 2010

American Art Collector August 2010 Portrait Artists Directory

I am thrilled to be included in this years' Portrait Artist Directory in the August 2010 issue of
American Art Collector Magazine.  This represented a unique opportunity to participte in a special section devoted to promoting portrait artists accross the country.



I chose to present my Pastel Portraits and included one of my most recent, "Reflections of Zen"



I chose this piece because it really reflects where my work is at this moment.  I am immersed in Nupastel...I am enamored of their palette and flexibility and I love working on Colorfix paper, which allows a lot of layers and interest in the piece.  You can see how I layer colors in this pastel portrait video.

Also, I think this portrait shows that you can take a photo, often a moment in-between staged poses, and turn it into something beautiful.  Intensify the colors.  Capture a fleeting glance.  Show an inner glow.  I love creating portraits where you can look at them again and again, finding new moments each time you look a them.

If you have questions about my work, or are interested in having a custom portrait created, please contact me at 81artist(at)comcast.net.

You can also connect with me on Facebook!

2 comments:

Michelle Paine said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

joanna's foto said...

Congratulation!!!
And this piece- it's so beautiful...